I was feeling like a Sweet Treat a couple of nights ago and I had come across a recipe for a Hot Cross Bun Pudding which looked amazinggggg and nice and simple (which is my kind of recipe). In the end it was absolutely delicious but VERY rich so you definitely need a dollop of cream on top!
I made a pudding each for me and my family so this recipe is for 5 people so if you plan on making this you may have to adjust it slightly!
- 5 Brioche Hot Cross Buns, cut horizontally into 3
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into circles
- 2 cups of thickened cream (plus some extra to pour on top)
- 1 Cup of Full Cream Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup of Caster sugar (plus some extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- Pre heat your oven to 155 fan forced. Put the cut up bun slices onto a baking tray and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes (And turn them over half way) until they are dried out.
- Put a bun base in each of the 5 ramekins and then put a sliced apple piece on top and then continue to layer ending with the top of the bun, cross side up.
- Whisk cream, eggs, milk, caster sugar and vanilla essence in a bow. Divide this into the ramekins (you should have a bit left over).
- Place these in the fridge for about 1 hour. Using a pastry brush, coat the top of the bun with more mix every now and then.
- Once you pull them out of the fridge, brush the remaining mixture on the top and sprinkle on a bit more caster sugar. Put these in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let these cool for 10 minutes and then serve with cream!!!