With Easter tomorrow, this will be my final blogster post so I thought I would share my recipe for Chocolate mousse Easter eggs!
- 3 100g Easter eggs, cut in half vertically
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 25g butter
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1 cup of thickened cream (plus more for decoration)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- A handful of strawberries
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, take them off and put it aside for 5 mins to cool slightly
- Beat the cream in a bowl until peaks are formed
- Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla – just mix until combined, or else the chocolate will harden!
- Fold in the first half of the cream until it is combined with the mixture. Then fold in the second half.
- Eat the egg whites in a bowl until peaks form. Fold in half of the egg whites until it is combined with the mixture, then fold in the other half.
- Evenly divide the mousse into the Easter egg halves and put in the fridge for a few hours, until set.
- Serve with strawberries and a dollop of cream!
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe and have enjoyed all the Easter posts over the last month!
– Tara x